Like my Facebook page

Saturday 15 September 2012

A lesson from a horror film


Don’t ask me why I was watching a horror film gone midnight, but for some reason I was. It’s not my thing and my husband was outside London for work, but there I was all alone watching this film about a young woman who was being held captive by a complete maniac.
 
She was subjected to terrible things, including being strapped in a chair and being forced to drink human body parts that had been blended in a blender. Yeah, I know, who thinks of these things?
 
Whilst she was begging to be freed, screaming and crying it was really really scary to watch. But at one point in the film, she got ANGRY. She was so fed up of her perpetrator toying with her, terrifying her, not knowing what he was going to do next that with all her rage, she screamed at him to just get on with it and kill her. There were no more tears, there was no more begging, just sheer rage. Suddenly, the film wasn’t scary anymore and she had the upper hand in the situation, so much so that she was able to think clearly, kill the psycho and escape.

This made me think of the way some people handle their problems. As long as they are frightened of that money problem, that situation in the family, that sickness that has come or whatever it is, they are in the weak position. They cry, they feel sorry for themselves, they allow themselves to feel down but none of these things help and the problems have the upper hand. If only they were to get angry instead – not angry at people but at that situation.
 
When you get angry at a problem you are saying to it. ‘Listen, I don’t know where you came from but you are not staying in my life. I don’t accept you here. I’m going to fight and I’m going to overcome you. I WILL get my life back.’ Once you have this mind frame, without all those prior emotions and feelings of panic, you will be able to think clearly and find ways to solve your problems.

People say that there is no cure for depression. I once heard a fellow TV presenter say that she had learned to live with her depression. I had depression for 7 years along with panic attacks but when I got angry at what I was going through, when I said ‘enough is enough’ I was equipped to fight and overcome it completely. I’ve not been depressed or had a panic attack for 15 years and never will again because I’ve learned the secret.

You can take back control of your life. Get ANGRY!!!!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that the times that i have actually accomplished something great has been the times that i became revolted. When we don’t get angry its like we are saying that we haven’t yet had enough of the problems in our lives and that it is ok to live with it a while longer. As long as we don’t act against it it will continue and the life of the person does not go forward. The person just ends up surviving instead of living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOSTEI MUITO DESTE POST..FOI O PRIMEIRO QUE LI EM SEU BLOG..Que Deus lhe abençoe! Um abraço, Fran

    ReplyDelete