Like my Facebook page

Monday 4 November 2013

You used to be a cockroach!

I am part of the Spiritual SOS team and last week, I and some colleagues had a stand at the Mind Body and Soul event at Kensington Olympia where we offered advice and support and also healing prayers free of charge.

The place was buzzing, music, smoke, smells, drums, chanting – there were all sorts there from health drinks to yoga and it was really busy. But something really shocked me. There was a woman who came to our stand to talk about some issues she was going through and she said she’d just visited a stand close to us and paid £35 for a man to close his eyes whilst eating a sandwich and tell her that in her ‘past life’ she was a cockroach and that was why she was going through the problems she was going through!

Now, I’m normally not one to criticise other people, but come on! Speaking to people who are obviously going through problems and then charging them to tell them they were a cockroach?!

But these are the kinds of things people fall for when they are desperate for help or looking for some kind of direction in life. There is a lack of thinking.

That day, I also spoke to a lady who was about to divorce her husband of many years because she said there was no spark anymore. She said she still loved him but things had become boring. But as we spoke, I opened up her mind to see that she was thinking with her heart and not her head, that she had started to look at all her husband’s mistakes instead of his great qualities. I gave her some advice on how to work with her husband on this and when I said that there were probably many women that would love to have a husband like the one she had – loving, a good father, faithful, a good friend, etc. it’s like the penny dropped and she said, “I know what to do now, you’ve just answered my questions. Thank you.”


Solving problems is not rocket science. It doesn’t require mystical rituals which can sometimes lead a person to getting ripped off and feeling even worse. It’s about looking at the problem and then thinking of ways to solve it. At times, you may need some help with it as I did when I was depressed. Yes, I was prayed for as I also believe there is a higher power that can help solve the things that are impossible for us, but what also really helped me was being lead to think for myself and to recognise that I had the power to change my life through certain decisions I made and attitudes I adopted. You have the power to change your life. J

No comments:

Post a Comment