Like my Facebook page

Thursday 14 March 2013

It's a wonderful life


I got chatting to a dear old gentleman once in Bristol and he ended up singing a Frank Sinatra song to me in the middle of a crowded town centre (embarrassing) but he had a really nice voice so I ended up inviting him to sing on my show a couple of times.

One day, just before Christmas, he came to seem me and handed me this DVD called It’s a Wonderful Life and a box of tissues because he said it would make me cry happy tears. I’d always heard of this film and it was one of the most popular films of its time but had never seen it. He gave me strict instructions to watch it on Christmas Eve. I ended up watching it over two months later but was very pleasantly surprised.

It’s all about a man who has given up on his childhood dreams of travelling the world in order to help others. He goes through very tough times and is just about to jump off a bridge to kill himself when an angel intervenes and shows him all the lives he has touched and how different life in his community would be had he never been born.

Suicidal people convince themselves that they should never have been born and they often think that the world would be a better place without them. This of course is a big fat lie. The very fact that they were born means they have the right to live and not just to live, but to live happily.

The fact that they even made it into this world shows that they have strength in them because do you know how many sperm there are in one ejaculation? Up to 500 million. So what were the odds of that person being born? It means they’re quite a fighter don’t you think?

But through the years, they go through various situations and problems and aren’t aware of that strength that is lying dormant inside of them. They don’t realise that inside, they have the power to turn their lives around. So many, tragically, decide to take their own lives.  

Whatever your past, whatever your present, you can decide TODAY that your future can be very very different. It’s never too hard and it’s never too late, for ANYONE.

Watch Natalie’s story of how she wanted to die from when she was just a child and how she managed to turn her life around – and then tell me, is it really impossible for things to change?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment