Like my Facebook page

Sunday 13 April 2014

He meant well, but it was torture...

I look happy in this photo don’t I? Would you believe that this was a little bit of torture for me? Let me explain.

This photo was taken just before my cousin dropped me off at the airport after visiting my father in hospital in Cyprus. During the drive to the airport, I said to my cousin, “If I get a window seat, at least I’ll see the sea from the window.” Suddenly he took a detour. “Er, where are you going?” I asked a little puzzled. “To the beach,” he replied grinning.

Bless him, he meant well, but I wished he hadn’t taken that detour. You see, I love the sea, the beach, swimming, diving, nature, etc. When I was younger, we used to camp by the sea, and whilst everyone was taking an afternoon nap to get away from the scorching sun, I was the nutcase that would be sitting on the highest point of the rocks with the waves crashing around me and just looking out and taking in all the beauty.

That day, as soon as I stepped onto the sand and heard the waves, I wanted to stay there for a while. But we literally had just 5 minutes because I had a flight to catch. It was just enough time to take off my shoes and paddle a bit. The water was warm and I so wanted to swim. The only way I could think of to console myself was to eat two big nutella crepes with ice-cream with a good old cuppa at the airport café later. J

But this experience got me thinking. In this particular instance, it was better for me not to have even gone there because I got a taste of something that I was not able to enjoy due to the circumstances. But there are people that unfortunately have learned to live like this. They don’t allow themselves to have a taste of something because they don’t believe they can have (or deserve) the good things in life, so they would rather shut themselves away to stop themselves from being hurt. That’s no way to live one’s life!

Dare to dream. Start seeing what you want in your mind and once you can see it, get a taste for it which will make you thirsty to fight for it.
  • Go out and meet new people even though you’ve been hurt in the past.
  • Go and view the house of your dreams or test drive that car you’ve always wanted to drive, even though you can’t afford either right now.
  • Look into how to start up your business even though you ‘ve never done anything like this before.

…Catch my drift?


You DO deserve it and you CAN make it. Enjoy your life and be happy. J

No comments:

Post a Comment